On this page, you can find full details of the different discounts offered by Yorchestra, and how to claim them.
Discounts aren’t the same as bursaries, which are offered on a discretionary basis to those whose financial circumstances mean that affordability of course fees is a particular problem. If you’re looking for information on bursaries instead, this can be found on our bursaries page.
- Early Bird discount
- First-time player discount
- Bring-a-friend discount
- Where can I get more information on discounts?
10% Early Bird discount – how it works
Available to all applicants. To qualify, you need to put in your application and make sure payment at the Early Bird rate reaches us by no later than the Early Bird deadline shown on the course page.
25% First-time player discount – how it works
We believe the quality of Yorchestra courses is fantastic value for money, but we also know that the course fees can seem expensive to those who haven’t experienced what Yorchestra offers. So we are now offering a 25% discount to every first-time player – that’s any player who has never been on a Yorchestra course (in any of our orchestras) before.
The first-time player discount can be claimed in addition to the Early Bird discount, if your application and payment are received by the Early Bird deadline.
25% “Bring a friend” discount – how it works
We think that the best people to let the world know about the great experience offered by Yorchestra are players who have already been on one of our courses. So, if you’ve been to Yorchestra before, and you bring along a friend who hasn’t, we’re offering a 25% discount to you, as a way of saying “thank you” to you for your support.
The discount can be claimed in addition to the Early Bird discount, if your application and payment are received by the Early Bird deadline, but can only be claimed once per course (even if you bring lots of new friends!)
- The discount is available to a returning Yorchestra player if they introduce a first-time player who applies for the same course.
- The two players do not need to be applying to play in the same orchestra on the course.
- The “Bring a friend” discount is only available if both players are successful in gaining a place on the course.
- Ideally, you’ll bring along someone who is totally new to Yorchestra, but we do also allow the discount to be claimed if you encourage a member of your family to come along and play for the first time.
How do I claim?
- To claim the discount, the returning Yorchestra player needs to fill in the name of their first-time player friend in the relevant section of the application form – this will allow us to match up the two applications and check whether you qualify.
- Any discount will be given by way of a refund of the relevant amount, which we will pay after applications have closed and we are able to confirm whether both players have gained a place. So when applying, please pay the applicable rate (full / Early Bird) based on the date of your application, without deducting the discount. We will contact you if you have successfully qualified for the discount, and will arrange to pay the refund to you at that point.